Although there is no meeting in January, I hope members and non-members have been thinking about who they would nominate for the Grey County Historical Society Heritage Certificate of Recognition. Don't leave it to the last minute.
The Grey County Historical Society Heritage Certificate of Recognition honours and recognizes a work or works of heritage by an individual, organization, institution or business that has made a significant contribution to the promotion or preservation of the history of Grey County.
The application forms are available at different venues around Grey County (libraries and museums) but it is also available on the website. The form also includes the criteria.
A few highlights:
- A person or group of people can be nominated.
- A member of the current Board of Directors or a member of the judging panel or their immediate families may not be nominated .
- The person nominated must be living.
- Be sure to fill in all required details on the form and submit supporting materials.
- The winner(s) must be willing to accept the award and the publicity that goes with the honour.
Note: Materials submitted will not be returned and will become the property of the Society. The Society reserves the right to keep any items in their files for the benefit of future historical research. The nomination form with personal information about the nominee and nominator will not be kept once the award has been presented.
The deadline: before Noon on February 1, 2011 at
Award Presentation Committee
Grey County Historical Society
Markdale, ON N0C 1H0
I hope the panel has many worthy projects to consider.