Join us on March 19 at 1:30 p.m. at the Salvation Army in Owen Sound.
The Salvation Army first arrived in Owen Sound on February 17, 1884. After meeting in temporary quarters, the first Citadel was built in 1886 at 974 3rd Ave. East. It was opened on Oct. 31, 1886 by the founder of the Salvation Army, General William Booth.
The Citadel was renovated in 1903 and again in 1962. This building was demolished in 1974 to make way for a municipal parking lot.
Today the Salvation Army operates from a modern Citadel located at 365 14th St. West . Come and learn more about the history of the Salvation Army in Owen Sound and its modern day work providing services to the poor through its Family Service office, its Thrift stores and its other ministries.
Coordinator : Janet Iles 519.376.2105
Location: 365 14th St. West, Owen Sound - Enter by door off parking lot