Last year, the Board of Directors selected the winners of the 1st Annual award, but we need your help in finding who should be recognized in 2010. A committee has been formed to receive and review the nominations. The deadline is February 1, 2010 at noon. We need you to get thinking about it now. Who do you know that would meet the criteria and deserves to be recognized for a work or works of heritage that has made a significant contribution to the promotion or preservation of the history of Grey County in Ontario, Canada?
What can be recognized?
Heritage work that may be nominated includes any of the following: long time service in the heritage field, built heritage, natural heritage, written work and research demonstrated in other formats other than print medium, such as, the visual or dramatic arts that meet the criteria.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Current members of the Board of Directors of the Grey County Historical Society and the judging panel and their immediate family may not be nominated.
- Nominations may be submitted by members of the Grey County Historical Society as well as members of the public.
- The Board of Directors reserves the right not to award a certificate of recognition in any given year.
On or before noon on February 1, 2010, submit the completed nomination form and supporting information to the Society.
What information is needed?
- The completed information form that includes contact information for both the nominator and nominee.
- The submission should include a description of why the individual or organization should be recognized with emphasis on how the nominee's significant contributions have preserved or promoted the history of Grey County and the lasting benefits (1 page)
- In addition, supporting materials should be attached to the nomination form ( 3 to 5 pages), such as copies of brochures, posters, plans, photographs, media coverage, and letters of support. If for the dramatic arts, an example of the work should be included (5 to 10 minutes on compact disc.)
Note: Materials submitted will not be returned and will become the property of the Society.
Who do you think should be nominated?
The Award is a framed certificate that will be presented to the winner at the Annual Dinner on May 19, 2010.
All the details and the nomination form may be downloaded here. It is in Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Note: information no longer on website 2/1/2010