Do you have your ticket to the Annual Dinner on May 20 in Meaford, Ontario? The cut-off date for purchasing tickets is May 10 but the tickets might not last that long. As of April 24, there were about 18 tickets remaining. You do not have to be a member to come to this event.**
What would you be missing if you don't come to the Grey County Historical Society Annual Dinner?
1. Socializing with a great group of people. Social hour starts at 5 p.m. (There is a cash bar.)
2. Eating a tasty meal - buffet with roast beef. If you are vegetarian and wish a vegetarian entree, it must be requested at the time of purchase. (meal starts at 6 p.m.)
3. Short presentation on the highlights of the Society during the past year. This has been a very busy and productive year for the group.
4. Be present for the awarding of the 1st Grey County Historical Society Heritage Certifcate of Recognition to Rob and Doug Shouldice who transformed the former King Edward Hotel / Shallow Lake Legion into the beautifully restored King Edward Condos.
5. Hear Andrew Armitage, aka Georgian Bay Explorer, give an entertaining talk on "Looking at Old Grey: 40 years of Historical Adventures in the Queen's Bush" Aly Boltman and Lorraine Brown will add a musical touch to Andrew's presentation.
Now, I know you want to know the particulars, so that you don't miss out on this wonderful evening.
Wednesday, May 20 - Annual Dinner Meeting
Meaford Curling Club 130 Collingwood Street West, Meaford
Tickets $22.00 must be purchased in advance (by May 10)
If you wish a vegetarian entree instead of the roast beef, it must be requested when you purchase your tickets.
For more information contact 519-372-0225 OR info AT greycountyhs DOT ca
** We would love to have you join the society. Even if you do not live in this area, you can become a member.